- Chick peas /Kabuli chana, soaked - 2 cup
- Parsley, chopped - 1/3 cup
- Fresh coriander,chopped - 1.5 tbsp
- Green chilies, chopped - 1.5 tsp
- Ginger, chopped- 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder /kali mirch- 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds/Jeera - 3/4 tsp
- Sesame seeds /till - 2 tsp
- Refined flour/Maida- 1.5 tsp
- Baking soda- a pinch of
- Salt-to taste
- Pita bread-6
- Tomato,deseed and chopped- 1/2 cup
- Cucumber,chopped- 3/4 cup
- Lettuce, shredded-3/4 cup
- Capsicum,chopped-1/4 cup
- White sesame seeds /till- 3 tbsp
- Green chilies,chopped- 1tsp
- Coriander,chopped- 2 tbsp
- Mint, chopped- 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 2 tsp
- Yogurt or water - 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1/3 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Dry roast sesame seeds in a pan till they start crackling.
- Grind sesame with all the ingredients in the mixer and make a smooth paste .
- Now add yogurt or water and grind again..
- Take out in a bowl and keep aside.
- Soak chickpeas overnight in enough water.
- In the morning drain and rinse them well (no need to boil the chick peas )
- Add all the ingredients to make falafal in the blender and grind to make a course mixture.
- Take out the ground paste in a bowl and mix.
- Now make flat patties or round balls from the mixture and deep fry in oil on medium heat.
- Fry till golden in colour and then drain on a paper napkin.
Assembling the sandwich( pita pockets)
- Take a pita bread and cut it in half to make 2 pieces.
- Slit open the pita slices to make pocket.
- Apply some tahini sauce on the sides of pockets.
- Now stuff the pockets with 2-3 fried falafels.
- Now put mixed veggies salad over the falafels.
- Drizzle tahini sauce over it and serve.
- Take a pita bread and slit it from a side to make a pocket
- Apply some tahini sauce inside it.
- Put fried falafels in it and then put salad and some tahini sauce over it.
- Roll it tightly to make a wrap.
- Wrap the roll in paper napkin or foil and serve.
This Article is Posted on 20 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes
Comments for Falafel Sandwich Recipe
Related Posts from Indian Recipes
More Posts from Food