Rava(semolina) - 1 cup(serves 2)
musturd seeds - 1/2 tsp
urad dhal - 1 tsp
chana dhal - 1 tsp
red chillies -2 cnt
curry leaves - a bunch
Onion - 1 (small)
green chillies - 2 or 3 cnt
coconut - 2tblsp(grated)
Ghee - 2 tsp
oil - 2 tsp
Water - 1 1/2 cup
1. Roast the rava with few drops of ghee, till is the color starts changing.
2. Cut the onion into small pieces, G.chilli into halvess, and slightly grind the grated coconut(don't use water to grind).
3.In a pan put the oil, then the musturd urad and channa dhal. Fry it till it becomes slight brown color.
4. Add Red Chillies and curry leaves.
5.Then add the onion and Green Chillies and fry it till it's cooked.
6.Then to the coconut add the water and just give a slight squeeze to the coconut , so the milk comes out of it.
7. Now add this coconut and water combo to the pan and add salt as per taste.
8. Allow it to boil, then reduce the flame to simmer. Quickly add rava with constant stirring.
9. Add ghee and close the pan tightly.
10. keep the stove in simmer for around 5 to 6 minutes till all the water is absorbed and the rawa is cooked.
11. Gently fluff up with the spoon and serve .
This Article is Posted on 21 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes