- Potato, boiled - 350 gm
- Gram flour/ Besan - 2 cup
- Cloves, powdered/ Laung powder - a pinch
- Mint, powdered/ Pudina powder - 1.5 tsp
- Red Chili powder/ Lal mirch - 1.5 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric / Haldi - 1/3 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Boil, peel and grate the potato with a fine grater.
- In a bowl take the grated potato and mix all the spices in it.
- Add the gram flour and mix it properly.
- It should form a soft and smooth dough.
- Now grease a sev maker or kitchen press .
- Attach the thin or medium thickness sized disc/plate to the kitchen press.
- Make a log of the dough and and fill it in the kitchen press.
- Heat enough oil in a wide and deep pan.
- Now press the sev directly in the pan by pressing the dough through the kitchen press.
- Let it cook on medium heat from one side. Do not stir it in between.
- When it become slightly crisp then flip it over carefully .
- Now let it cook from other side till golden and crisp.
- Drain on a paper napkin and let it cool down completely.
- Then crush them slightly to make small pieces.
- Store in a air tight jar.
This Article is Posted on 20 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes
Comments for Aloo Bhujiya Recipes
Related Posts from Indian Recipes
More Posts from Food