- Potatoes /aloo - 4 medium(500 gms)
- Peanuts/moongphali - 3/4 cup
- Cashew nut/kaju,halves- 3/4 cup
- Raisins /kishmish - 2 tbsp
- Green chili/hari mirch ,chopped- 2 tsp
- Curry leaves/kadi patta - 10
- Castor sugar/pisi hui chini-1.5 tsp
- Tatri/citric acid,powdered -1/4 tsp *
- Pepper powder/kali mirch - 1 tsp
- Rock salt/sendha namak-to taste
- Peel potato and then grate it with a thick grater .
- Wash the grated potato with enough water and then squeeze well.
- Now spread it on a kitchen towel for 20 minutes.
- Take a small bowl and mix all the spices and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep and wide pan.
- Add the grated potatoes in the pan and fry on high flame for 2 minutes.
- Then lower the flame and fry till they become golden and crisp.
- Drain the fried potatoes on a paper napkin.
- Repeat the process and fry potatoes in batches.
- Then fry peanuts on low heat till they become golden and crisp,drain on a paper napkin.
- Fry cashews on low heat till golden and then drain
- Add chopped green chilies in the hot oil and fry,after few seconds add chopped curry leaves .
- When curry leaves become crisp, add raisins.
- When raisin floats on top of the oil then take out and drain on a paper napkin.
- Now sprinkle the spices over all fried ingredients and mix well.
- Let the chiwda cool down completely then serve or store.
This Article is Posted on 20 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes
Comments for Aloo Chivda Recipe
Related Posts from Indian Recipes
More Posts from Food