- Raw Rice - 2 cups
- Shredded coconut - handful
- Cooked rice - Handful (You could also use pressed rice/poha/aval instead)
- Yeast - 1/2 spoon
- Sugar - 2-3 tspn
- Salt - as needed
- Soak the rice for 2 hours.
- Grind coconut and cooked rice together until smooth. To this add the rice and grind everything together.
- Add the yeast, salt and sugar and mix well. Let it ferment for few hours or overnight.
- Make Appam in the appam kal else make it like pancakes on regular griddle. Pour a spoonful of batter and spread using circular motion by holding the handle of the griddle.
- Serve it with sweetened coconut milk,
This Article is Posted on 21 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes
Comments for Appam Recipe
Related Posts from Indian Recipes
More Posts from Food