Black Chikpeas (Kala Channa) - 2 cups (You can also use white chikpeas, green chikpeas or any other type of beans)
Onion - 1 (chopped)
Tomato - 2 (deseeded and chopped)
Chaat Masala - 1 tspGreen
Chutney - 2 tsp
Boiled Potato - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Cucumber - 1/4 cup (deseeded and chopped)
Green Chillies - 2 (chopped)
Cilantro - 2 tblsp (Chopped)
Roasted Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Red Chilly Powder - to taste
Black Salt (or white salt) - to taste
Lemon Juice - 2 tblsp
Sev – for garnish
Cilantro – for garnish
1. Soak the chikpeas and pressure cook with some salt for 3-4 whistles or till the chikpeas are soft. (You can also use a slow cooker method for soaking and cooking.)
2. After the pressure is gone, strain the chikpeas in a seperate bowl.
3. Mix in the veggies. (You can add about 2 cups of assorted chopped vegetables like onion, tomato, cilantro, green chillies, capsicum, carrot, beetroot, raw mango, cucumber, boiled potato etc.)
4. Add the cumin powder, green chutney, chilly powder, salt, lemon juice and chaat masala.
5. Toss everything together. Taste it and adjust anything if needed.
6. Garnish with sev and serve. This tastes good when served warm or cold.
This Article is Posted on 13 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes