Cranberries - 2 cups
Oil - 4 tblsp
Mustard seeds - 1 + 1 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds - 1 tsp
Chilly Powder - 2 tblsp
Turmeic powder- 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1 tblsp or to taste
Asaefoetida powder - a pinch
1. Wash the cranberries and dry them.
2. In a pan, dry fry 1 tsp of mustard & fenugreek seeds. After cooling grind it to a coarse powder.
3. Take oil in a pan and splatter 1 tsp Mustard seeds. Add the cranberries along with asaefoetida and toss together.
4. After few minutes, the cranberries will burst . At this stage add the chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt. .
5. Next add the coarsely powdered mustard-fenugreek mixture to it and stir in well for 2-3 minutes. Cool and store the cranberry pickle for upto 6 months.
This Article is Posted on 13 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes