Garlic - 1/4 kg (1/2 lb Peeled)
Salt - 2 tsp
Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
Mustard powder - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Coriander Seeds - 2 tblsp
Fenugreek powder - 1/2 tsp
Dry red chillies - 2-3
Gingerly oil - 2 tblsp
Vinegar - 2 tblsp
1. Peel the garlic and keep it ready.
2. Dry roast the fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds and mustard seeds, cool and powder it. . With refrigerators, pickles stay good even with less oil and preservatives.
1. Mix the salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, the above ground powder in a small bowl.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and pop the mustard seeds. Add the dry red chilies, asafoetida and curry leaves.
3. Add the peeled garlic and saute in low flame for few minutes till it gets a little soft.
4. Add the mixed spice powder and cook on low flame till oil oozes out. Switch off.
5. Once it cools down, add the vinegar.
This Article is Posted on 13 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes