- Cabbage/Patta gobhi, grated-1 cup
- Carrot/Gajar, grated-3/4 cup
- Corn/Makai ka dana, crushed coarsely-4 tbsp
- Spinach/palak, chopped-1 cup
- Cauliflower, grated- 1/2 cup
- Green chili/hari mirch, chopped- 2 tsp
- Fresh coriander,chopped-2 tbsp
- Wheat flour /atta -1 cup
- Gram flour/besan - 1/2 cup
- Semolina/sooji- 1/4 cup
- Flex seed powder- 1 tbsp
- Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
- Cooking oil- 2 tbsp
- Yogurt /dahi- 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1.5 tbsp + 2 tsp
- Sugar- 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric/haldi- 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder /mirch- 2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Mustard seeds /rai- 1.5 tsp
- Sesame seeds /til- 2 tsp
- Asafoetida /hing- 1/4 tsp
- Cooking oil- 3.5 tbsp
- Green chilies,slit lengthwise-4
- Curry leaves- 8
- Take a big bowl and all the chopped and grated vegetables in it.
- Now add wheat flour,semolina, gram flour, yogurt and all the ingredients and mix well.
- Grease your palms with oil and make medium thick rolls from the mixture.
- Make all rolls and keep aside.
- In a big pan or in a steamer boil enough water.
- Grease the steamer plate or the metal rice strainer.
- Arrange all the rolls on the steamer plate and cover the pan with a lid.
- Steam cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Check with a tooth pick, if it come out clean then it is done.
- Slice the steamed muthiyas .
- Heat oil in a pan and add the tempering ingredients.
- When seeds start crackling add the sliced muthiyas in it.
- Shallow fry on medium heat till well coated with the tempering.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Serve with green mint chutney.
This Article is Posted on 20 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes
Comments for Mix Veg Muthiya Recipe
Related Posts from Indian Recipes
More Posts from Food