- Yellow lentil /moong daal- 3/4 cup
- Potato,boiled - 2 small
- Fresh fenugreek/methi , chopped-3/4 cup
- Green chilies, chopped- 2 tsp
- Chili powder/Mirch- 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Asafoetida /Hing- 1/3 tsp
- Cumin seeds /Jeera- 3/4 tsp
- Cooking oil- to deep fry
- Coriander seeds/Dhaniya, crushed- 1.5 tsp
- Wash and soak moong daal for about 3 hours.
- Grind daal to make a smooth and thick paste(no need to add extra water)
- Peel and chop boiled potato into small pieces (like we chop to add in poha).
- Wash and finely chop methi leaves and coarsely crush coriander seeds in mortar and pastle.
- Take ground moong daal paste in a bowl and whisk well.
- Now add all the spices and methi leaves and mix well.
- Then add chopped potatoes and mix gently.
- Heat oil in a deep and wide pan to deep fry.
- Drop small portions of lentil mixture in the oil with the help of your fingers or with a small spoon.
- Deep fry on medium heat till golden in colour.
- Drain on a paper napkin when done.
- Serve hot.
This Article is Posted on 20 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes
Comments for Moong Daal Pakora
Related Posts from Indian Recipes
More Posts from Food