Pasta – 1/2 lb
Fennel bulb - 1(Cleaned and sliced thin)
Garlic – 4 cloves (minced)
Onions – 1 (finely chopped)
Fennel seeds – a pinch
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Chilly flakes/ pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Parmesan cheese - 1/2 cup (or any cheese of your choice)
Cream (or milk) - 1/2 cup
Salt - to taste
1. Cook pasta in plenty of water, drain and keep aside.
2. Chop the fennel bulb into thin sclices. Also finely chop the fennel leaves and keep aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan, add the fennel seeds and saute the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
4. Add the chopped fennel bulbs and leaves and sauté till the pieces are tender.
5. Add the chilly flakes/pepper powder and required salt.
6. Reduce the heat to minimum and add the cream/milk followed by cheese.
7. Mix till the cheese melts and a nice sauce is formed. Switch off.
8. Add cooked pasta, chopped fennel fronts and toss everything together to coat with the sauce.
This Article is Posted on 21 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes