- Wheat flour / Atta - 2 cups
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Semolina - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Oil - for deep frying
- Mix the wheat flour, semolina, salt and water together to make a dough.
- Knead nicely and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal sized round balls.
- Roll it out into circular shape similar to rolling chapati. But the size of poori should be thicker and the circumference smaller than chapati.
- Heat oil for frying in a deep pan. Once the oil becomes very hot, deep fry the rolled out poori in it.
- Press gently with a spoon in the center of the poori. This helps the poori to puff up nicely.
- Once it puffs up nicely, remove from oil and let it rest on paper towels to remove excess oil.
This Article is Posted on 21 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes
Comments for Poori Recipe
Related Posts from Indian Recipes
More Posts from Food