- Sama/Maraiyo/Mordhan/Varai -1/2 cup
- Potatoes/aloo ,boiled-4 (medium size)
- Green chilies,chopped-1.5 tsp
- Ginger/adrak, chopped- 1tsp
- Fresh coriander/dhaniya,chopped- 3 tbsp
- Pepper powder/kali mirch- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds/jeera- 1 tsp
- Mango powder/amchoor - 1.5 tsp
- Salt/namak -to taste
- Cooking oil/Ghee- 3 tbsp
- Add sama and 1 and 1/4 cup water in the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles on medium heat.
- When cooker cooled down completely then take out the cooked sama in a bowl and mash with a spoon and then let it come to room temperature.
- Mix together grated potato,sama and all the ingredients and mash well.(the proportion of cooked sama and boiled potato mixture should be almost same)
- Grease your palms and make patties of same size from the mixture.
- Heat oil/ghee in a flat nonstick pan and shallow fry the patties on medium flame till they become golden and crisp from both the sides.(avoid deep frying)
- Drain on a paper napkin and serve hot.
you can also add 2 tbsp of crushed peanuts at step-3
This Article is Posted on 20 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes
Comments for Sama And Potato tiKKI
Related Posts from Indian Recipes
More Posts from Food