Chick Peas (or any other beans) - 1 cup
Onion (sliced lengthwise) - 1/4 (optional ingredient)
Coconut (fresh grated) - 2 tblsp
Salt - to taste
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chilly - 2
Curry Leaves - 1 string
Asafetida - a pinch
Oil - 1 tblsp
1. Soak the chick peas over night, wash it and pressure cook with enough water.
2. Once the pressure is released, drain the water and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a flat pan and fry the mustard seeds, asafetida, dry red chilly and curry leaves.
4. Now add the cooked peas and required salt and fry for a minute.
5. Add the fresh grated coconut, toss everything together and remove from heat.
This Article is Posted on 13 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes