Besan - 1 cup
Jowar flour - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1 cup
Bajra flour - 1/2 cup
Wheat flour - 1/2 cup
Chilli powder, Corriander powder, Cumin powder, Garam masala powder - 1 tblsp each
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Grated Jaggery - 2 tblsp
Chopped Onion - 1/2 cup
Chopped Coriander (Cilantro) - 1/4 cup
Garlic - 2 tblsp (finely chopped)
Salt - to taste
1. Mix all the above ingredients and knead with enough water into a soft dough.
2. Cover and let the dough rest for about 10 minutes. After that make small balls of the dough.
3. Pat each ball with fingers on a wet muslin cloth or a greased plastic cover to roll out the thalipeeth. (You can use a big ziploc cover too. Wet your hands before patting.)
4. In the meantime heat up the tawa.
5. Drop 2-3 drops of oil on the thalipeeth and put it on the hot tawa. Put the rolled out thalipeeth such that the top touches the tawa.
6. Carefully remove the cloth/plastic cover from the thalipeeth.
7. Let it cook well on both sides.
8. Serve hot with dry garlic chutney or yoghurt or raita or fresh coconut and chilly powder.
This Article is Posted on 21 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Indian Recipes