Noodles - 1/2 packet (You could use any noodles like egg noodles, rice noodles, whole wheat
Mixed Stir Fry Vegetables - 2 cups (You can use onions, green onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, baby corn, carrots, broccoli, green peas, cabbage, snap peas, beans, chest nuts etc)
Shrimp/ Shredded Rotisserie Chicken - 1/2 cup (optional)
Garlic - 3 cloves (minced)
Red Pepper Flakes - 1/2 tsp
Chilly Garlic Sauce/ Hot Sauce - 2 tsp
Soy Sauce - 1 tblsp
Olive Oil - 1 tblsp
1. Cook the noodles as per the package instructions with enough salt to season the noodles.
2. In a large wok/ kadai, heat some olive oil and add the minced garlic.
3. Fry for a minute and then add the red pepper flakes.
4. Add all the mixed vegetables and stir fry for few minutes till the vegetables are half cooked but still have its crunch.
5. Add the shrimp/chicken to this and mix together. It is very important to do the whole cooking process on medium high heat so that vegetables dont become soggy.
6. Add all the sauces, mix well and finally add the noodles.
7. Stir fry everything together on high heat for few more minutes till everything is heated through and the flavours blend well.
8. Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds or finely chopped green onions if needed and serve piping hot.
This Article is Posted on 21 Apr 2015 in Food Section and