Noodles - 250 gms app. (Take approximately as you need)
Oil - for deep frying
Chicken Breast - 1 (cut into thin strips)
Ginger - 1 " piece (minced)
Garlic - 3-4 cloves (minced)
Onion - 1 medium (sliced)
Vegatebales of choice - 2 cups
(Vegetables can include baby corn, shredded cabbage, beans, julienned carrot, capsicum, sliced mushrooms, brocooli florets, cauliflower florets etc.
I've used a packet of frozen mixed stir fry vegetables)
Tomato Ketchup - 4 tblsp
Chicken/Vegetable Stock - 1 cup
Corn Flour/Corn Starch - 3 tsp
Soy Sauce - 1/2 tsp
Chilli Sauce - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Pepper Powder - to taste
For 'Bulls eye' egg
Egg - 3
Oil - 1 tblsp
Pepper & Salt - a pinch
1. Boil the noodles according to the package instructions or till the noodles is perfectly cooked. Do not overcook it.
2. Make 'bulls eye' eggs. (Break the eggs one at a time in a hot pan such that the yolk is in the center. Season with some salt and pepper. Once the egg is cooked, remove and keep aside.)
3. After draining the noodles, deep fry in oil little at a time till it becomes crispy. Remove on paper towels to remove excess oil.
For making the sauce (Skip the meat to make it vegetarian)
1. Put a wok or stir fry pan on high heat. Add 1-2 tblsp of oil.
2. Add the chicken strips to this and stir fry on high heat for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the finely chopped garlic, ginger and sliced onions. Continue to fry till the chicken gets cooked.
4. Now add all the veggies and stir fry on high heat so that all the vegetables should be cooked but still retain their crispiness.
5. In the mean time, take the corn flour in a seperate bowl and add the chicken stock to it little by little so that it gets mixed up without forming any lumps. Add the soy sauce, tomato ketchup, chilly sauce, salt and pepper to this.
6. Add this mixture to the cooked veggies and let it cook for about 10 minutes till the sauce is reduced and thickened. Taste the sauce to check for seasonings.
To assemble the chop suey
1. Place the fried noodles in a plate and crush it slightly with hands.
2. Put some of the sauce with the veggies and chicken on top of the noodles.
3. Garnish with a 'bulls eye' egg on top and serve hot. Top the noodles with the sauce just before serving to retain the crispiness of the noodles.
This Article is Posted on 21 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Select