For outer layer/puff
- Refined flour /maida- 2 cup
- Semolina /sooji - 3 tbsp
- Cooking oil- 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1/4 tsp
- Salt /namak - to taste
For the stuffing-
- Bean sprouts /ankurit moong - 3 cup
- Potato /aloo, boiled - 1(medium)
- Mint leaves /pudina, chopped - 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander,chopped- 2 tbsp
- Green chili /hari mirch, chopped - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric /haldi - 1/3 tsp
- Ginger /adrak, grated - 1tsp
- Mango powder/amchoor - 1.5 tsp
- Chili powder/lal mirch - 1.5 tsp
- Coriander powder /dhaniya - 1.5 tsp
- Garm masala - 1/4 tsp
- Salt /namak -to taste
- Cooking oil /tel - 2.5 tbsp
- Cumin /jeera - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida /hing - 1/4 tsp
For the outer covering
- Mix and sift flour,sooji and salt in a bowl
- Add oil and lemon juice and rub to mix well
- Add water and make a soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 20 minute
For the filling-
- Wash bean sprouts very well with normal water.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add cumin,chopped green chili and asafoetida
- When cumin start crackling add bean sprouts and saute for a minute
- Now add turmric and salt and 1 tsp of water
- Cover and cook on low flame till it get cooked but remain crunchy,don't over cook them.
- Now add mashed potato and all the spices .
- Stir fry for a minute.
- Take out in a bowl and let it cool down completely.
- Now add chopped mint and coriander and mix .
Making the kachori-
- Knead the prepared dough to make it soft and pliable.
- Make small size balls of equal size from the dough and keep aside.
- Cover the balls with a damp cloth .
- Take a ball and flatten it a little with the rolling pin.
- Put about 1.5 tbsp of filling in the center.
- Bring together all the sides and collect in the middle .
- Close it and press it slightly,make sure it will seal properly.
- Press the kachori with your palm to flatten it slightly.
- Heat enough oil in a deep pan.
- When it become medium hot then gently slide few kachoris in hot oil.
- Now lower the temperature to medium.
- The kachori will puff up then turn the side.
- Fry it till it become golden from both the sides.
- Drain the fried kachori on a paper napkin.
- Serve hot .
This Article is Posted on 20 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Select
Comments for Moong Kachori recipe
Related Posts from Select
More Posts from Food