Pasta - 1/2 lb (You may use any pasta of your choice. I've used whole wheat rotini)
Extra Firm Tofu - 7 oz (cut into small cubes)
Chopped Garlic - 1/2 tsp
Onion Powder - 1 tsp (or slice a small piece of onion and use that instead)
Bell Pepper - 1/2 (sliced)
Broccoli Florets - 1/4 cup
Carrots (chopped) - 1/4 cup
Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
Chilly Garlic Sauce - 2 tsp (or to taste)
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
Sesame Oil - 2 tbsp
Sesame Seeds (toasted) - 1 tbsp (optional, for garnish)
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the package instructions. Drain the water and keep it ready.
- Pat dry the tofu with a paper towel and cut it into small cubes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan/wok and add the tofu cubes. Fry on medium high heat stirring occasionally till it dries up and all the sides are browned. This takes about 10-15 minutes depending on the moisture content.
- Once the tofu becomes crispy and brown, move the tofu to the sides, make a well in between and proceed.
- Add an additional1 tbsp of oil and add the chopped garlic and onion powder.
- After a minute add the rest of the veggies in quick succession - broccoli, bell peppers, carrots.
- Increase the heat and stir fry for couple of minutes.
- Mix in the lemon juice, soy sauce and the chilly garlic sauce. You may also use store bought pasta sauce instead.
- Finally toss in the pasta. Make sure the sauce coats the pasta nicely. Check for salt and other seasonings. If you like the pasta more spicy, add 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder or red pepper flakes.
- Switch off and serve. You may top it with toasted sesame seeds to add a crunch to the dish.
This Article is Posted on 21 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Select
Comments for Tofu Pasta
Related Posts from Select
More Posts from Food