- Semolina /Sooji - 1 cup
- Vermicelli /sevai - 1 cup
- Yogurt /dahi - 1 cup
- Green chili, chopped - 1 tsp
- French beans,finely chopped- 2 tbsp
- Carrot ,finely chopped- 2 tbsp
- Ginger,finely chopped -1 tsp
- Turmeric- a pinch of (optional)
- Fruit salt/eno- 1tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Cooking oil -1 tbsp
- White lentil / urad daal - 1.5 tsp
- Mustard seed / Rai - 1tsp
- Cashew,broken- 1.5 tbsp
- Curry leaves -8
- Heat oil in a pan and add white lentil and saute.
- When it become pink then add mustard seeds and cashews.
- When seed start crackling then add vermicelli and saute on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Now add semolina,green chilies and curry leaves and roast for a minute.
- Switch off the flame,add chopped vegetables and let it cool down completely.
- Now add beaten yogurt,salt and some water and make a medium thick batter.
- Cover and rest for 20 minutes.
- Grease idli moulds and boil water in the steamer.
- When water start boiling then add eno in the batter and fill in the idli moulds.
- Steam for 10 minutes in the steamer.
- Take out ,rest for 2 minutes and scoop out with a wet spoon.
- Serve with coconut chutney and tomato chutney.
This Article is Posted on 20 Apr 2015 in Food Section and Select
Comments for Vermicelli and Semolina Idli
Related Posts from Select
More Posts from Food