Healthy Tips for Monsoons
1)Take your rain gear or umbrella while moving out of the house so that you may protect yourself from the sudden rain fall and avoid getting drenched.
2)Eat a healthy diet containing lot of fresh fruits and seasonal vegetables so that your body has a good store of all protective nutrients like vitamin A, C, E, and B-complex and other antioxidants and minerals.
3) Drink a bowl of hot vegetable soup or a cup of freshly brewed green tea as the temperature will give warmth and the ingredients will boast your immunity.
4)Drink lots of water as water helps in flushing out the toxins from our body. But make sure that the water is pure and clean to drink. Carry a water bottle when going out.
5)Exercise to sweat out the symptoms of cold or flu before it develops into a full fledged fever as exercise makes our immunity stronger by stimulating the blood flow.
6)Avoid eating raw foods during monsoon. Wash the vegetables and fruits properly before consuming. Avoid eating outside especially from the road side stalls.
7)Avoid smoking as much as you can as smoking weakens our immunity and also the respiratory system making us more prone to catch common cold and flu.
8)Avoid consuming alcohol as it also weakens our immunity.
9)Avoid touching your face after touching any surface or after getting wet as the hands may harbor microbes which may get entry in to the body through facial route.
10)Remember to take bath every time you get wet in the rain or after coming back to home as taking a bath helps in normalizing our body temperature.
11)Remember to was your hands, feet and face every time you go outside and before consuming any food as it will minimize the chances of getting infected.
12) Keep antiseptic liquids handy and use for washing off mud or dirt that usually gets splashed around.
13) Do not allow kids to play near stagnant water or water filled puddles.
14) Keep a check to see there is no stagnant water in your house and surroundings especially water coolers and empty flower pots in the garden to avoid mosquito breeding.
15) If you are suffering from asthma or diabetes, avoid staying anywhere with wet walls. It promotes the growth of fungus and can be especially harmful.
16) Drink lots of warming herbal teas, especially those with antibacterial properties such as holy basil leaves, ginger, pepper and honey.
This Article is Posted on 23 Jul 2014 in Health Section and Health Care