To keep your child's teeth healthy and her smile bright, parents should be sure to follow these dental tips:
- Have your child brush the teeth at least twice a day with a soft bristled brush.
- The inner and outer surfaces of the tooth should be brushed as well as the top or chewing surfaces.
- The tongue should be brushed to remove bacteria and freshen breath.
- Prevent tooth decay by having your child eat a balanced diet. Try to limit the number of between-meal snacks. If your child must snack, provide healthy foods such as raw vegetables, yogurt, cheese or fruit.
Flossing helps remove food particles and plaque from the areas a toothbrush can't reach, such as between the teeth and on the gumline. Here are some guidelines for your child:
- Floss once a day.
- Guide the floss between the teeth using a gentle rubbing motion. Never snap the floss into the gums.
- When the floss reaches the gum line, curve it into a "C" shape against one tooth. Slide it into the space between the tooth and the gum and then move the floss away from the gum and down the other tooth.
- Always floss both sides of each tooth, including the last tooth.
This Article is Posted on 26 Mar 2015 in Health Section and Select
Comments for Dental Health Tips
Related Posts from Select
More Posts from Health