It is important to clean your gadgets to ensure that their performance doesn't suffer and so that they don't die on you a lot sooner. Yes, well-maintained gadgets do tend to last longer than their ill cared for counterparts. Due to the complex electronics involved, cleaning gadgets isn't as simple a task as mopping the floor. You need to handle components with care and ensure that you don't damage them while trying to do a basic clean-up. That is just what we will cover in this guide. Read on to find out how to safely clean your gadgets.
While different gadgets need different cleaning materials, here's a brief list of the items you will need during clean-up drive:
1. Microfibre lint-free cloth: This is the cloth that's used to clean eyeglasses. It's cheap and widely available. A must for cleaning displays.
2. Dust blower: This is a portable dust blower that you operate with your hand. Helps remove dust from nooks and crannies you can't reach easily. Available in electronics stores for as low as Rs. 50.
3. Compressed air: A slightly more expensive alternative to the dust blower.
4. Rubbing alcohol: It's not a good idea to use water to clean gadgets. Rubbing alcohol is a much safer choice.
5. Flathead screwdriver: You'll need it when cleaning keyboards.
6. Lukewarm water: Works when you're cleaning plastic components such as the keys in your keyboard. Not to be used with electronic components.
7. Toothpicks: Very useful for removing accumulated lint from charging ports. Be careful not to break them though!
This Article is Posted on 20 Oct 2014 in Technology Section and Gadgets